Saturday 4 June 2011

Video Game Bands - Part II: Arm Cannon

PART II!!!!!!!!!!!


Thankfully, their music is better than their album covers.


So, this would be where I introduce the band to you, but Arm Cannon decided to do that themselves and post this art. "ArmCannon takes classic videogame melodies and re-manifests them with exciting new life. ArmCannon is a celebration of, and homage to, 80s and 90s nostalgia". That really is a perfect description of Arm Cannon. Oh, and this: "ARMCANON IS HERE TO FORCE-FEED THE FANATICS THE FANFARE THEY FAVO(U)R". Awesome.

Now, some may ask, what's the difference between Arm Cannon and Powerglove? Aren't they both just nerd-bands? Partly. Arm Cannon and Powerglove cover (and sometimes create) music based on the nerd-culture. However, Powerglove is almost completely based on the power metal genre. Arm Cannon isn't like that. They have their metal music, but it's a different type from Powerglove's. Powerglove just sounds like any other metal-band, albeit a good one, that just covers nerd-culture music. Arm Cannon is more like the nerd-culture music using the metal genre as a catalyst. It's hard to explain, and the only way it could be understood is if you actually listen to both bands.

Anyways, they are awesome, just like Powerglove. My post probably doesn't do both bands justice, but if you happen to youtube either band because you saw my post, I've done my job. My favourite songs by Arm Cannon include Dozen Elf Death Gel (an AMAZING cover of Zelda themes), Super Cranial Syphon (a cover of Metroid themes), Smegmaman Three (Megaman covers), and I'm a Real Sexy American Boy (a mash-up of wrestling themes (apparently. I don't follow wrestling so I wouldn't know)). Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment