Sunday 29 May 2011

Video Game Bands - Part I: Powerglove

Hello, Hello. What is going ooooooon people.

So its a sunday evening, and I haven't written a post since last night. In fear of losing my reader(s) (see what i there?), i decided to write one! (*yaaaaaaay*)

So I'm going to be doing a series of posts on... Video Game Bands. First up, Powerglove. 


Yes, they look like a bunch of dorks. But they're awesome dorks.



Powerglove is an American Power Metal instrumental band that mostly covers, you've guessed it, video game music. The band name comes from the classic (failed) game console by Nintendo.

Quite honestly, I despise metal. I hate the screaming, the stupid lyrics, the pretentious tattoos and the fanboyisms from the genre's fans. Bite me. But I LOVE Powerglove. The guitars, the drums, the base, and the rare vocals are all completely awesome. They haven't written original music yet, and I could be wrong on that, but all their covers are very original and unique. And their lives, from the videos I've seen, are amazing as well.

The best part about their music is the nostalgia it brings. Remember when you were eight year old playing Mario, or Megaman, or Sonic, or whatever your favourite video game back in the day was? Well, you can relieve all those precious memories again just by listening to Powerglove (*wipes tear*). They've also been covering a lot of music from classic cartoons and TV shows, which adds to the band's awesomeness.
         
Anyways, if you haven't heard some of their music yet, go check them out on Youtube. Some of my favourites are covers of MarioMortal Kombat, Tetris, Legend of Zelda, Inspector Gadget, and Pokemon. I really mean it, go check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment